Berve, Griechische Temple und Heiligturiter Himner Verlag, Munich, 1961: 221-222
Koldeway, R., O. Puchstein, Die Griechisheen Tempel in Unteritalien und Sicilien. Berlin, 1899
Musche, H.F. Monumnta Graeca et Romana. In Religious Architecture. Vol 2(1968), Fasc. 1
Woodward, Robert J., "An Architectural Investigation into the Relationship between Doric Temple Architecture and Identity in the Archaic and Classical Periods." 2012, Doctoral thesis.
Selinunte D (Athena) 490 BC
Temple D has 13 columns on the long sides and 6 along the front. At the same time, the ratio of the interaxial is such that they are larger at the sides than on the front. Two columns are placed in antae along with two 3/4 columns attached to the walls of the pronaos.
Temple D was dedicated to Athena according to epigraphic evidence or perhaps to Aphrodite. The large external altar is not oriented to the temple's axis, but placed obliquely near the southwest corner, which suggested that an earlier temple occupied the same site on a different axis. The temple was largely destroyed by a series of earthquackes, the remains where they fell.