Blum, A., A. Plassart, BCH 38(1914:81-84)
Schliemann, H. Orchomenos. Leipzig, 1881.
The archaeologist A. Blum describes a type 613 temple as the Hecatompedon because of it being roughly 100 Doric feet long. Researchers today rather speak of it as a Temple of Artemis Hymnia.
Excavations of the temple were started by the French Archaeological School under the command of Mr. Mendel. The curator of Antiquities T. Spiropoulos conducted further researches and revealed the prehistoric graves and settlements nearby.
Orchomenus is a municipality in Boeotia that was inhabited from the Neolithic through the Hellenistic periods. The Boaotian Orchomenus is also referenced to as the "Minyean Orchomenus" in order to distinguish the city from the "Arcadian Orchomenus" shown above. There are remains of an Archaic Temple dated 9th to 8th century BC, resting on an older settlement, which was part of a Middle Helladic City that existed from 1700 to 1450 BC. Later settlements included a Temple of Asklipios.
In 1893, A. de Ridder excavated the temple of Asklepios.