The site was excavated by the Danish archaeologist Ejdnar Dyggve
Dyggve, E., "Das Laphrion. Der Tempelbezirk von Kalydon," Copenhagen, 1948.
Knell, H. AA (1973:448)
The site of Kalydon was abandoned in 30 B.C. Nothing remains of the temple other than the stylobate and crepis. The remains of the Artemis temple indicate it was constructed about 360 B.C. and had a marble roof. The site had been occupied from at least the Early Minoan to the present. Three temple builing periods have been detected, each of them oriented north-south with the entrance on the south.
Pausanias, Description of Greece 2. 23. 5 :
"The Argives, like the Athenians and Sikyorians, worship Artemis Pheraia, and they, too, assert that the image of the goddess was brought from Pherai in Thessalia."