At present, the area inside the peristyle foundations to the temple of Apollo at Hermione has been filled and a row of pine trees planted in the middle. In 1909 Philadelpheus made investigations in the area and gives the measurements of the temple stylobate as 33 by 29 meters. In 1950, Michael H. Jameson made a survey of the site and identified the exposed stylobate blocks as the euthynteria of the temple of Poseidon.
The peristyle foundation is composed of large blocks, most a meter in length, and laid in a broad band two or three blocks deep. Philadelphus wrote of limestone column drums built into the medieval fortifications nearby, but most were used in antiquity for use in other construction.
The date for the temple falls in the archaic to late archaic, as determined by the sophistication of the masonry techinique. Traces of a Byzantine church appear that it once stood on the site of the stylobate to the full width of the temple, but did not extend beyond that.
V.B. and M.H. Jameson, An Archaeological Survey of the Hermionid, 1950, an unpublished paper for the American School of Classical Studies at Athens.