Akragas F (Concord) 430 BC
Robertson, D.S., Greek and Roman Architecture. Cambridge University Press, London, 1940
The temple of Concord at Akragas is a 6 x 13 peripteral structure with a pronaos and opisthodomos that are distyle in antis. On either side of the entrance to the cella is a stairwells leading to an attic space.
There are double contraction of the columns on all four sides, each accompanied by subtle shifting of the metopes. A slight curvature of stylobate and a slant to the columns that were incorporated into the design in order to compensate for the visual scale of the structure.
The temple was converted into a Christian church in the sixth century A.D., at which time the spaces between the columns were walled in; the division between the cella and the opisthodomos was destroyed, and arches were cut into the cella walls. The blocks between the columns were removed in the 18th century. Because of its conversion to a church, this temple is one of the best preserved Doric temples in existence. The temple was built c. 440–430 BC. The well-preserved peristasis of six by thirteen columns stands on a crepidoma of four steps (measuring 39.42 m × 16.92 m. The cella measures 28.36 m × 9.4 m (93.0 ft × 30.8 ft). The columns are 6.712 m high and carved with twenty flutes with tapering at the tops of the columns and swelling around the middles.